设为首页 - 加入收藏
您的当前位置:首页 > 科技 > 正文

中科大加拿大籍教授向医院捐赠口罩等抗疫物资

来源:实事新闻头条 编辑:李丽 时间:2020-02-25

科技日报记者 李钊

2月24日,黄山友谊奖获得者、中国科学技术大学国际合作与交流部加拿大籍语言教师穆雷•谢尔克Murray Sherk 向中国科学技术大学教育基金会捐赠N95口罩100个,一次性乳胶检查手套1盒,抗菌肥皂2只,用于中国科学技术大学附属第一医院新型冠状病毒感染肺炎疫情的防治工作。同时穆雷还向国合部捐赠一次性普通医用外科口罩175只,用于中国科学技术大学国际合作与交流部行政人员新型冠状病毒感染肺炎的防护工作。

中科大加拿大籍教授向医院捐赠口罩等抗疫物资

中科大加拿大籍教授向医院捐赠口罩等抗疫物资

穆雷在合肥居家隔离期间,深为中国医护人员白衣逆行、救死扶伤的品质所感动,为中国人民热爱家园、众志成城的精神所鼓舞。他看到合肥医用防护用品短缺告急的情况后,发动加拿大、美国的家人朋友和自己一起从海外采购口罩,然后捐献给医院和中科大,虽然因为限购的原因,采购到的物资并不多,但足以体现一位在华工作20年的外籍教师对中国的深情厚谊。

穆雷在捐赠视频中说,

My name is Murray Sherk. 

我是Murray Sherk

I'm a computer scientist from Canada. 

是一名来自加拿大的计算机专家

I'm now in my 20th year of teaching 

今年已经是我在安徽合肥的中国科技大学

at the University of Science and Technology of China, in Hefei, Anhui province. 

任教的第20年了

In the middle of January, my wife and I went to Thailand 

一月中旬,我和太太一同前往泰国

to go to a teachers' conference. 

参加一个教学会议

On February 18, we came back to China 

2月18日我们回到中国

for our teaching this semester.

开始为下学期的教学做准备

Many of our friends and family in Canada wondered 

我们在加拿大的家人朋友不明白

why we would come back in the middle of this covid-19 crisis? 

为什么我们要在新冠疫情如此严重的时候回去

Why would we go back to China? 

为什么我们要回到中国

It's hard to explain it, but it's not just a duty. 

这很难解释,但这并不只是我们“应该做”的

It's because we want to contribute. 

我们希望贡献自己的力量

We want to emphasize 

我们希望身体力行

that China's education system is too important 

因为中国的教育工作太重要了

to let stop because of this virus. 

不能因为病毒就停止教育

Many governments of the world 

现在世界上很多国家

have recommended against non-essential travel to China

建议旅客避免所有非必要的前往中国的旅行

so they would have recommended against us coming back right now. 

所以他们会建议我们现在不要回来中国

But in my mind, the education of Chinese young people is not non-essential. 

但是我认为,对中国青年人的教育绝不是“非必要”的

It is an essential thing for the future of this great country, China. 

对于中国这样一个大国的未来,教育是绝对必要的

And I want to do my part in that. 

而我也想为此出一份力

And that's why we're back now. 

所以我们现在回来了

We hope the soon the students will be able to be back. 

我希望学生也能够尽早回到校园

Meanwhile, along with my Chinese colleagues, 

与此同时,我和中国同事们一起

we're doing all we can to educate online 

努力开展在线教学

and make sure that our students get the best possible experience in education 

确保学生能够得到最优质的教育

despite this difficulty that is confronting all of us right now. 

不受目前疫情困难的影响

Wherever you are, I encourage you don't give up. 

无论你在哪里,我希望你不要放弃

Lives are meant to be lived with purpose. 

有目标的人生才有意义

We have hope, 

我们心怀希望

The education system, the country, the people, 

中国的教育系统、国家和人民

we are not going to be defeated by covid-19. 

我们是不会被新冠病毒打倒的

We need to take appropriate precautions. 

我们需要采取适当的防护措施

We need to pay attention to medical experts and our leaders. 

我们需要遵从医学专家和领导的指示

We will beat this thing 

我们将战胜病毒

And education in China will continue.

中国的教育也将继续发展

本站内容收集于互联网,站务联系QQ :

Copyright © www.szworkshops.com 版权所有

Top